Postion: Finance Technician
Will be responsible for managing Piikani Nation accounts payable, accounts receivable, completing payroll with all requisite deductions and maintaining appropriate financial documentation through an organized system of filirg. Other responsibilities will include producing monthly accounting reports, making accurate monthly remittances, recording deposits to the General Ledger as well as processing payable and received cheques, providing assistance with annual audit working papers, ensuring the timely and accurate invJicing and vouchering, updating the internal database and administrative duties related to finance and bookkeeping. Other duties will be assigned as necessary.
- Maintaining and organzing filing system for all appropriate documents.
- Produce monthly accounting reports.
- Ensure accurate processing of monthly remittances.
- Manage accounts receivable.
- Manage accounts payable.
- Prepare financial statements.
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Prepare payroll.
- Assess fixed assets and depreciation.
- Prepare reports.
- Store, update and retrieve financial data.
- Perform clerical duties, such as maintain filing and record systems.
- Check all claims for accuracy.
- Verify account codes and signatures for proper assignment of budgetary expenditures.
- Act as first line contact with vendors regarding billing problems.
- Perform bi-weekly payroll processing, reporting, and quality assurance functions.
- Keep Finance Manager informed of potential accounting and billing problems.
- Serve as a back-up for various accounting and administrative functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or other related field.
- 2 years of experience in accounts payable/accounts receivable, payroll, and general bookkeeping.
- Strong working knowledge of accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
- Experience with budget, accounting, and reporting systems.
- Strong working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Practices.
- Advanced proficiency with accounting software and spreadsheet programs and applications an asset.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, priorit ization, and execution skills.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Experience creating and managing budgets for a large, distributed organization.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite; QuickBooks knowledge is an asset
DEADLINE: August 251h , 2021 @ 4:30pm
Please submit Resume, Cover Letter, and three references to:
Piikani Nation Human Resources ATTN: Diandra Smith
Email: HR@piikanination.com, fax (403)965-2214, or drop off at Administration
Posted: 08 -04-2021
Download poster in pdf format (500 kb)